Copyright © Kerry's Cool Creations
Design by Dzignine
Tuesday 16 June 2015

Finnabair Inspired 12x12 Mixed Media Somewhat Steampunk Clock

Alright-y then...

Well here's something you don't see everyday... A Clock that I tried to make in steampunk style, but the olours got the best of  me. :P

This was originally the insert of a Graphic 45 12x12 shadow box... Looked something like this:


I only used the inside part of the box, and I added a handle to the top, and layered the whole thing up with white Liquitex gesso. So. Much. Gesso!

I had no idea where I was going with this at first, but it is definitely Finnabair inspired.
I lucked out on the clock; I was browsing my local Buy/sell board and found a "gear themed" clock for sale for $5.  Awesomesauce!

I used so many Creative Embellishments laser cut chipboard pieces and Prima resin pieces and Tim Holtz metals and so much more!

The whole clock!
Top Left corner flowering!
Bottom right corner clustering
TEXTURE! Everywhere!
Left side view for depth detail.
So this piece took me almost 2 full weeks to complete... Between the initial texturizing with mediums and gesso'ing and cutting that hole out for the clock, and waiting for layers to dry.... Well, you can see how it may take a long time, especially since I rarely have time to actually sit and use my heat gun to dry things - I'm usually working on artsy projects on my way to or from work, or on my way to or from doing something else.

I hope you were inspired, if even a little bit and that you come back again soon!

Krafty Kerry signing off!

0 comments:

Post a Comment