Copyright © Kerry's Cool Creations
Design by Dzignine
Monday 6 October 2014

Clean, Simple with a Hint of Travel

This post is all about a card where the sketch comes from one place, while the theme comes from another.

I recently pulled out what's left of my very old and very coveted Prima Romance Novel collection. I decided I'm going to go through as much of it in as little time as possible, and so I'm getting the ball rolling!

This card is based on the sketch found on the CAS(E) challenge blog.


 This card is ALSO based on the theme found on the SSS Wednesday Challenge blog: Travel.

I used packaging from one of the embellishment packs for the background, and used some black soot distress ink to grunge it up lightly. It can't be a "clean" card if it's too much grunge!

Then I cut the hot air balloon from one of the journalling cards that you could have purchased as part of the collection, and I used some scraps to make the script styled banner next to the balloon.

The letters are the TH label letters, and I've realized that they are my go-to letters for almost any dark lettering these days. I've gone through two packs in just over a month I think. I'm hooked!
  

Thank you very much for taking the time to drop by today, and I hope to see you back again soon!

Krafty Kerry signing off!

2 comments:

  1. Fab card, love the vintage style.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is amazing! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete