Copyright © Kerry's Cool Creations
Design by Dzignine
Monday 6 October 2014

Something for Me to Remember...

In my last post, I shared a layout I created for a good friend of mine and her new fiancé!

That was a layout I made specifically for them in order to add into a shadow box, and hand it off as a present, never to see it again.

Thankfully, I printed two of the same photos used in that layout - One in black & white, which was used in the previous layout, and one in colour, which I used in the layout I'm about to share with you in this post!

This layout was made based on the sketch found over on the Stuck?! Sketch challenge blog!

Look at all those diagonals!!

I've been working with a lot of shapes that I would normally not even consider in recent layouts, and so I decided to pull out my very 'unused' Studio Calico kit from last month and try to put together something to go with this layout sketch AND the photo that I have on hand!

The end result went something like this:



I got to even using some mesh like trim that I've had in my stash F.O.R.E.V.E.R. as the edge trimming between the diagonals.

I EVEN GOT TO USING MY CRICUT!  Yes, it seems so normal for those who use it regularly, but mine is so high up that I need a step stool to get to use it because I've been blessed with a compact form factor. LOL

In any case, I really liked how it turned out and is really making me consider using my cricut way more often now.

I hope you enjoyed the layout and we'll chat soon! :)

Krafty Kerry signing off!

4 comments:

  1. Great page, love the die cut title and the placement of it, as well as the use of ribbon that ties all your colours together so nicely! Thank you for playing along at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice touch with the printed paper and I love your title and the placement. Thanks for joining in with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful take on the sketch, love the printed paper. Thank you for sharing your page with us at Stuck?! Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors! I love what you did with the title and the mesh is the perfect touch to this beautiful layout.
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Stuck?!.

    ReplyDelete