Copyright © Kerry's Cool Creations
Design by Dzignine
Friday 24 October 2014

Colorful Creations "Favorite Things" Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to the Colorful Creations My Favorite Things blog hop!  If you have arrived here from Michelle's blog welcome to the hop!! If you have stumbled across this by chance and want to play along then you can head back to the Colorful Creations site to start at the beginning.
Make sure to comment & follow my blog in order to be eligible to win the prize!


My name is Kerry McKenzie and here is my project showcasing my favorite things: layers and metals!  I have no idea why, but I love to feel LOTS of weight on my projects! Sometimes even to the point when I need to add chipboard as a backing to help support all the stuff I've added to it! I've found that layers and metals help me get this feeling of "WHOA, Loaded project coming through!" and so I've made them my favourite things about which to share as part of this blog hop!

For this blog hop, I've made a card.

It consists of 3 paper layers - including some layers of product packaging from Prima, a layer of Texturez paste from Shimmerz and a layer of cheesecloth from a RAK!!

The metals I included on this card include a 3-D bird cage, and a metal paper clip.

This is indeed a weight-y card, and I've had to add paper layers to the inside of it, in order to balance out the weight from the front of the card!  For those of you who are interested, this card weighs just over 30g. LOL

Here's a look at the card I made!








Thanks so much for joining us on the blog, make sure you hop on over to Connie's blog for more inspiration!

This card was made using the Cardabilities Sketch # 109 as inspiration  The sketch used for this card was:



Make sure you make Colorful Creations your last stop on the hop to see how to win the wonderful prize up for grabs!


Krafty Kerry signing off!

16 comments:

  1. This is soooooooo beautiful!! LOVING the bird cage!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful card! Love all the textures and details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Kerry love the details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhh! I am glad you showed the other angles!...just love your elements and dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Kerry!!! Beautiful layers and textures! Hugs from Greece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Pretty card~
    New Follower ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. so pretty! love the shine on the stenciled layer and that little metal birdcage!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card! I love colors and flower! Thank you for joining us at Cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, so pretty! Love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the texture and the mint color

    ReplyDelete