Copyright © Kerry's Cool Creations
Design by Dzignine
Monday 11 August 2014

Quad challenge entry !!

I don't think I've ever managed an entry into 4 challenges at once before, but here I go!

This blog post contains my layout with my entry into the following challenges!!

This challenge is a sketch based challenge! I finished my entry into the challenge for sketch #83 a few hours earlier, and I'm really taking a liking to their sketches! I didn't rotate this sketch however!


Although a relatively new challenge series, I figured with my mixed media kick in high gear, I would enter this layout into this challenge as well.  We were required to use stencils and pastes! I went ahead and used the Tim Holtz splatter stencil and mixed some modeling paste with some acrylic paint in order to give me coloured paste to use with the stencil!


The theme for the challenge over at Scrap It Girl, was arrows and #'s.  Both of which I have on my layout, so I thought it worked well as an entry into this challenge. :)


I think this may have been my first time using an image as my inspiration in addition to a sketch.  The image was super cute and as soon as I saw it, I thought primaries (i.e. primary colours). That's exactly why I chose to lay the layers of splatter down the way I did on a neutral background page.
The inspiration photo was:

And now, after all of the challenge introductions, here is my layout!



I think one of the reasons I so love the mixed media vibe, is that I'm using things I wouldn't use frequently enough otherwise. :) 

For example, on this layout alone, I used modeling paste, acrylic paint, a stencil, Silks shimmer paints, splattering techniques, ripped layered papers and just so much *stuff*. But not TOO much so that I can't put my layout in a page protector, but enough to give the page some dimension. I'm really digging it!!

Thanks so much for dropping by!!!

Krafty Kerry signing off!

18 comments:

  1. This is such a fun mixed media layout! Love the texture you achieved with the stencil and modeling paste! Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge "Stencils and Pastes"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your paint splatters are really vibrant and you have created a very effective page. Thank you for joining in with us on Pixels and Paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your paint splatters!! Thanks for playing with us at Pixels and Paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, fun and colourful challeng. I love the mixed media and your take on our challenge mixed with the others. Thank you for playing along over at Pixels and Papper :) would love to see your creations again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic LO. Love the paint splatters. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap It Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so great that you jumped right in with all these fun techniques and challenges! the splatter stencil looks great with those colors! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an awesome layout! I love the paint splatters and the layers! Great arrows too! Thank you for joining us at Scrap It Girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This layout is amazing! I love all the "stuff" you used - you're gonna have to start using it more often;) Your eye is drawn straight to the photo. Thanks for linking up at LCOM:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layout! Love how you used the splatter stencil with the different colors. Thanks for playing this month at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super fun!! Love your colours. Thanks for joining us at Let's Capture Our Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool splashes! Funny layout! Thanks for joining Scrap It Girl Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great page. Thanks for joining us at Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a really fun page. I love how you have used the colour from our inspiration photo to help create your background. The splashes certainly pop! Great use of your mixed media components. Thank you for playing at P & P. I hope to see more of your creations here. Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete
  14. The splats and the layers are phenomenal! Thanks for playing along with us over at Let's Capture Our Memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. very cool layout, love those splats, gorgeous, thanks for joining us at Scrap t Girl

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cool! Love all the texture! Thanks for joining the Scrap It Girl challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great layout. Thanks for playing along at Scrap It Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha! I love the inspiration photo! Great layout! Really love the color splashes! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap It Girl! :)

    ReplyDelete