Copyright © Kerry's Cool Creations
Design by Dzignine
Tuesday 18 November 2014

The Latest Colorful Creations Sketch Challenge is Now Live!

The Colorful Creations challenge that started on the 15th incorporates both a sketch and a color palette.

The sketch was a piece of cake to work with, but the colour palette made me a bit nervous...

The sketch
The colour palette
These colours were so NOT my colours - In order to remove the intimidation I was feeling with these colours, I decided to pick a couple for my main colours and try to incorporate other colours wherever I could.

I ended up with this layout:


As you can see, I used the red (Ablaze) and black (Tricorn Black) from the colour palette as my main colours. 
Then for the embellishments, I brought in some of the pink (Lei Flower) and lime green (Lime Rickey) on the flowers, pearls and leaves.

I'm very happy that I was able to incorporate so many of the colours that originally cause me a tiny bit of panic when I saw them posted up for the design team. LOL

I hope this has helped in encouraging you to try a step-by-step process when it comes to incorporating certain colours on your layout!

I expect to see your take on this sketch and/or colour scheme on the Colorful Creations blog!!

Thanks for dropping by!!

Krafty Kerry signing off!

0 comments:

Post a Comment