Copyright © Kerry's Cool Creations
Design by Dzignine
Monday 28 January 2013

Finished... With an Hour to Spare!

Haha, Yes!

See, this post is all about sticking to what you say you're going to do, even if you're the biggest procrastinator in the history of procrastinators!

So, at the beginning of the month, I mentioned that I would be participating in the ScrapMuch? colour challenge for January!

Well, the deadline for that challenge, at the time of posting is an hour away, and here it is!

Huzzah!

Thankfully the requirements stated a paper crafted project of any type. Because otherwise I'd be at a loss!

This is an altered paper mache heart ornament!

These were the colours we were to play with this month:

Soooo, here's what I came up with!!!








I planned to put some kind of sentiment on it, but since I don't know what I'll use it for yet, I decided not to do that... Don't want to commit it to something and then not be able to use it for something else later on. :P

The process was somewhat simple -
I painted the whole paper mache heart in the dark brown, even though you can't see it in the photos...
Then I cut the paper I found in my stash to fit. I inked the edges in Tim Holtz Vintage photo.
I picked a nice yellow trim to go around the heart's edge, and thanks to the stretchiness of the trim and the shape of the heart, it took to the shape VERY well! It made adhering the trim SO much easier! I think this is trim I got from Lavish Laces on Etsy!

Then I adhered that huge blue flower, followed by those pink flowers and added a hint of bling. All those were received as part of my December kit from Scrapbooking with M.E. boutique.

I found a yellow cabuchon that I thought added a hint of "Pow" to the floral 'arrangement'.
Then I added a dark brown butterfly that I also found in my stash, which used to be a brad, but I used my wire cutters and removed the poke-y part. :)

Okay then!

That's all for now!

Krafty Kerry signing off!

2 comments:

  1. wow this is so pretty, love that cluster of flowers and pebbles! thanks for linking up with us at ScrapMuch>!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely!! Thank you for sharing with ScrapMuch?

    ReplyDelete