Copyright © Kerry's Cool Creations
Design by Dzignine
Monday 8 April 2013

Weekend Project #1 - Altered Balsa Box

This past weekend I actually had non-rushed time and finished a number of swap projects I had signed up for. This puts me somewhat ahead (for now). I even had time to do some typically time consuming cleaning around the house (like mopping the floors)!

Anyway, here is one of the few projects I altered this past weekend. :) I will try to include as much detail as I can. :)

The slideshow for these photos is uploaded to YouTube as well. :)
This is one of those balsa boxes you can sometimes find in the $1.50 bin at Michael's... I didn't find this one at Michael's, so I paid a tad more for it (unfortunately).

The paper I used on this box is from 7gypsies. While they don't have many papers I like, this one was perfect for this project. I love when that happens!

I used some tiny pearl strands along the flap, on top of some heart shaped lace. I love that lace, and I will be quite disappointed when it's gone...

I don't make charms or dangle jewelry very often, so this was an attempt to do so on this project. I DO love working with hardware, so it was fun even though I'm not the best at it! LOL

I handmade a lace flower, and placed a flat bead at the centre - Added a banner with my very basic info on it. :)

Close-up of the bling. :)

Close-up of the lace + pearl trim. :)

Close-up of the handmade flower. :)

I entered this project into Mema's Anything Goes Challenge for April since... Well, ANYTHING Goes! LOL

Thank you very much for checking out my work - I greatly appreciate it and hope you become a follower!

Krafty Kerry signing off!

1 comments:

  1. Oh what a cute purse. I love it. Thank you for taking time to play with us at Mema's Crafts and we hope to see back again real soon.

    Hugs
    Lesia

    Don't forget to enter the blog giveaway if you desire and if you haven't already entered.

    ReplyDelete