Copyright © Kerry's Cool Creations
Design by Dzignine
Sunday 10 August 2014

Three challenge entries in one!!!

I haven't combined challenge entries in a while, but this time I've made a layout for the following challenges:


For this challenge I felt prepared because this week I *just* had my selfies printed at costco as part of a collage thing I made to fit an 8 x 12 print. And these were from last month, so I'd say they're recent enough for this challenge since the goal was to celebrate your age right now. :)


This was the base of my layout, as the sketch greatly assisted in guiding me to placement of everything. :)
I really enjoyed this sketch - It felt different than any other sketch I've used!
The sketch for this challenge is as follows:



I finish off with this challenge as it gave me a reason to use up the embroidery thread that came in the grab bag from Studio Calico. :)
I used the whole length of it (1 yard, maybe?) to make a multi-layered bow, and then I finished it off by adding a star from the trim I got in the Studio Calico card making grab bag since it coordinated with my gold accenting on the layout!

Without further delay, here is my layout!! :D




This is one of my favourite mixed media layouts so far... I almost didn't go the MM route because I was trying to keep it relatively flat, but throw on some watercolours, stenciling, splatters and inking... And Ta-da!

Thanks so much for dropping by!

Krafty Kerry signing off!

10 comments:

  1. What a cool layout! Great use of mixed media. Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your background work and the bow is super cute. The yellow is perfect behind the bright blue in the pics. Thanks for joining in at Let's capture Our Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great layout Kerry! Love all the mixed media and the colors are great!! Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, great colors. I really love your style!

    Glad you linked up at LCOM:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this layout super fun. thanks so much for joining us at Craft-Dee Bowz!! be sure to join us for next months challenge as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of lovely messy creativity going on here! Love all the inky details and the multiple photo's. Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge Yourself. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice:-) Love the star on your bow. Thanks for joining us at Let's Capture Our Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your colour combo and ALL that journalling! Thanks for playing along with us over at Let's Capture Our Memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you rotate the sketch and play with multiple photos! Brilliant! Love the splatters and the used of stencil! Great job! Thanks for sharing this over at LCOM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great layout, the mixed media is just fantastic. Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself

    ReplyDelete